Links4Soils Summer School
10. – 14. June, 2019
Pokljuka Plateau, a part of the Triglav National Park (TNP) biosphere reserve
We are pleased to announce our summer school, for five exciting days of an interactive program with creative and inspiring minds on the Pokljuka plateau, Slovenia.
We invite members of the Youth Parliament (YPAC) of the Alpine Convention (AC) to join and learn about soils, how soil is vital for humans, nature, environment and entire life in the terrestrial ecosystems. Soils, soil diversity, soil ecosystem services and soil protection are the main topics that will be presented to the youth in an interesting and understandable way by an international group of professors of soil science and experts – Links4Soils project partners:
- Prof Dr Michele Freppaz, University of Torino, Italy
- Prof Dr Silvia Stanchi, University of Torino, Italy
- Assoc Prof Borut Vrščaj, Agricultural Institute of Slovenia
- Dr Aleš Poljanec, Slovenian Forest Service
- Prof Dr Clemens Geitner, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Dr Irena Bertoncelj, Agricultural Institute of Slovenia
Please see the appendix for preliminary information of the Links4Soils Summer School 2019.
The Links4Soils project, financed by the Interreg Alpine Space programme, aims to bridge soil knowledge gaps, to link users and soil experts, to introduce best soil management practices in the Alps and especially to raise awareness on the importance of soil for nature, environment and human well-being.
If you have any questions, please fill out the form below and then click the “Send” button. We will get back to you as soon as possible.