The soil is an invisible good to most people and yet, just as water and air, crucial for our surviving. Not just for children but also for us adults it is essential to communicate the importance of soil in interesting, playful ways:
- Changing the perspective helps: Diving into the “underground” soil like in the museum Osnabrück.
- Integrate the topic of soil in schools by applying interactive learning approaches
- A picture says more than 1000 words: Documentary movies can give light introductions on the complex dynamics and mechanisms of soil.
- Use new technologies and Android apps to gather soil data
- Infographics can show links of soils to topics of high social importance.
- Inspire. And be surprised! Awareness raising means to build up people’s capacity to act.